Friday, April 30, 2004



Everyone has their favorite dish. That dish that you tell yourself, “If I was ever stranded on a deserted island I could see myself having this every day.” Well, my dish happens to be one that you just can’t find at every corner pizza, sub, or BBQ spot. In fact, I’ve only had it a few times in my life. People keep trying to make it for me, but I’ve found out that for the most part they either do not have the right ingredients or do not know what the right ingredients are. Yes, I’ve tasted some very interesting renditions. So, when I saw my dish I made it a point to capture her attention, introduce myself, and bring her to my dining table. Stirring the steaming pot, I asked her what her name was. As my mouth watered impatiently, her lips parted to respond…and I was surprised to find that her potentially meaningful name was enveloped in a cloud of menthol. Damn…she just unknowingly hit a cup of salt with her elbow and added it to the mix. I subtly put my appetite on hold in search for better fare and bounced. For some dudes it might have been a good meal, the kind where you stop snacking before dinner. But for me, it was like finding out there was human body part hidden somewhere in the stew.

Yeah, that's the face I made.

Feel free to add your own sound of disgust here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home