Tuesday, June 29, 2004

All I need is five minutes to an eternity alone with him.

Everyday I get several e-mails offering solutions to improve my sexual performance, receive a never-heard-before refinancing rate, or a proposition to rock my world via webcam. *yawn* All for the low, low price of my credit card information and possibly my identity. I’m used to getting junk mail, so I didn’t see this one coming. The e-mail was simply titled, “I Hate Women.” I honestly thought it was a joke from some guy who wasn’t having any luck with the ladies and spending his ample free time pointing out the differences between men and women at the ladies’ expense.

So I opened it. And once it loaded, I saw images that were on some ole’ faces of death, Jeffery Daumer type sh*t. I felt like a police officer who was called out to investigate a loud marital tiff and stumbled upon the Texas Chainsaw Massacre homicide scene.

“Ummm…I’m gonna need some back-up down at the ol’ Jones farm.”

Now, I don’t blink at road kill, I clean the fish I catch, and serving on a jury for a 3 week medical malpractice trial has given me a higher tolerance for the gore of surgery. I don’t consider myself a squeamish person, but these images bothered me. Every mutilated female body was a reminder that there are still individuals who would do something like that and take pleasure in it. They were the type of images that made me want to spend every waking moment studying a martial art so no one would ever be able to do that to me or anyone I care about. I think about individuals like this…and it gets me mad. To the point, I wish that when they die I could choose their hellbound fate. Not saying I’d want to be a demon or anything, but I’d just like a little say in the matter. I’d pick a series of punishments that would replicate the exact emotions that this person inflicted on others…then I’d repeat it…over and over again until his soul wished it could die.

Now, there are three things that bother me about my last statement. (And probably several more things that bother you.) One, there was probably already someone in that person’s life who played a demonic role. Two, the person would probably enjoy the punishment in some twisted ritual of submission. Three, the fact that I’m even fantasizing about this scenario potentially makes me the same as the person I want to punish.

And at the time I was writing this, I hear this on the news.

So, be careful out there….and especially on here.

I’m not the only one who can write a story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home