Friday, July 02, 2004

If the Jetsons had only kept their promise.




My father works at an auto dealership and one of his responsibilities is to act as a liaison between the dealership’s clients and the insurance agencies. Many of the clients my father works with he never meets directly but takes care of their needs over the phone. There was this one client that was constantly having problems with his insurance agency, so over the course of two months he and my father would speak almost everyday. Over that time they bonded over the mutual problems that they encountered while trying to work with this agency. They joked, laughed and became familiar with each other. And when they found out that they both enjoyed deep sea fishing they even made tentative plans to go out on the client’s boat down the Cape. Well about a week ago, the client had called my father to resolve a problem and once again they started trashing this insurance company. And my father said, “Yeah, they’re really screw-ups over there. They couldn’t find their way out of a dark closet.” The client laughed and replied, “Yeah, Bill…that’s so true. They’re all Black you know.”

Oh my….

If the Jetson’s had only kept their visionary promise of an affordable videophone for the office this revelation of character would have never happened.

And when he told me this story of course I asked if I could come along on the fishing trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home