Friday, July 02, 2004

Bill's not laughin' anymore.

Have you seen or heard Bill Cosby lately?

He's publicly pointing out Black societal problems in a fashion that is similar to making people drop their pants and grab their ankles while he lets loose with the paddle. And alot of what he's saying I agree with 100%. Certain individuals need to hear it. Although, one part I am a little on the fence about is his choice to abandon subtlety and start taking heads. Career wise it is so out of character for him to do or say anything even remotely shocking. Since I've known him, it's just never been his forte. Sure in the past he has spoke on several social issues...but this time his words sound angry and frustrated. Now, I say "his words sound" because I've only read his words, so I think that this contributes to my uncertainty. If I heard him speak I'd probably see his intentions more clearly. Is he just ranting? Or is he using his exemplary talent for communication combined with these bold statements to effectively reach the Black community? He's a smart man, and a personal hero, so until I hear the audio I'm going to assume the latter. Either way, the man is projecting conviction and I'm interested in seeing where that conviction will take him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home