Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The kiss of death?

Yeah, this is gonna seem like a vain post.

Over the years I’ve watched several ex-girlfriends make really bad decisions with their lives. It’s to the point that as soon as one of us utters the words, “It’s over” I almost immediately expect to get a crazed late night call talking about…I just slapped my boss…or…then the officer asked me, “If it isn’t yours what was it doing under your seat?”…or…I’m pregnant, but he loves crack more than he does me. It’s like this person that I never knew was there suddenly comes out. So, stories like these don’t even surprise me anymore and I’m starting to think that every one of my relationships should start with a warning that upon break up there is a very good chance that life could start spiraling downward. Great selling point, eh?

Well, I was watching TV last night and I was surprised to see the smile of my ex-ex-ex-ex girlfriend make a brief appearance in a local commercial. After the initial shock was over I was happy knowing that it was a direction in life she had always wanted. And if she really gets successful, combined with a few other ex success stories, it just might balance things out and prove to the world that there really is life after Chris. Until then, I'll be busy putting together a report of post break up statistics and drafting a wavier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home