Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I just can't win with this lady.

A while back I told you about my straight-faced coworker and how she can never tell when I’m joking around. Our conversations normally end up with two straight-faced people staring at each other in an awkward moment of silence…and me wishing I had never told the joke in the first place.

Well yesterday, I was talking with my straight-faced coworker and the receptionist at the front desk. My straight-faced coworker had asked me if the doctor had diagnosed the problem with my legs yet. Me being the stubborn bastard I am, I told her, “No…. but I’m suspecting the problem is being caused by one of my bitter ex-girlfriends who has started practicing voodoo.” Her eyes twinkled and through a crack in her chiseled features a smile made an appearance followed by a giggle. Yes!

*crowd cheering wildly*

Then she said, “Yes Chris, I can definitely see that.” and continued laughing as she walked down the hall.

I stood there and the receptionist asked me, “Did she just diss you?”

I looked at her and said, “Um…. I’m not sure.”

******

On a side note, I never really understood the concept of White girls who rock extensions. I mean, bustin' out colors and everything. There must be someone in their family willing to pull them aside and say, "Um...Susie, you really look like an idiot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home