Thursday, July 29, 2004

Ups and Downs

“Love can either fill your world with joy….or completely tear it apart.”

I’ve been saying this for a minute. But here’s a different thought.

Whether it is art, literature, music, or philosophy I’ve often compared the creative process to love. In fact, in my life, the creative process has been the most meaningful relationship that I’ve ever had. She holds the power to make me feel like no other person, drink, or drug ever could. When she treats me well I feel like an extension of God’s hand. She shows me how to see through the blankness and amaze myself. But when she leaves...my happiness, confidence, and optimism leaves with her. I just wander the city as if I were a homeless person...head down…talking to God…hoping I’ll find salvation. Hoping I’ll find her before it's too late.

She is my passion….and doing anything without passion is my equivalent of Hell.

I need her…

I need her today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home