Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Old School Memories

I just ran across this web site…and it made me remember this story.

Several years ago (actually more than several years ago because I think I was only twenty-one and I was rockin’ a Starter Raiders jacket with the matching cap) I used to talk to Donica. Now when I say talk, it wasn’t anything big…we may have kissed once but that was about it. At the time she was going to Berklee School of Music. During our brief “talking” she had invited me to a small get together that she was having at her apartment and told me to bring some friends. I told my man, Slick Talk, who was my main running buddy back then, and once he heard there would be more girls than dudes his arm didn’t need to be twisted. So as it was the custom back in those days we got well liquored-up before we arrived at her building…holding several concealed bottles and other party paraphernalia.

I honestly don’t remember too much about the party. I just recall that it was an intimate get together, with a few of her friends, a few couples, and one of her classmates Lelah Hathaway’s little sister. (who’s name I cannot remember) Well Slick Talk was all over Little Sister, tryin’ to do what he does best…talk slick…and everybody else was busy trying to catch up to the level of “happiness” Slick Talk and I were feeling when we walked through the door. I guess they all reached that level when someone suggested that we all sit on the rug and play Truth or Dare. That brought a few hours of naughty advances and awkward moments that everybody laughed through. And me being the creative-thinker, awkward moment advocate that I am, was having a great time…until someone introduced a new dare into the game…a bottle of Jose Cuervo. After a few rounds all I remember was Donica saying something to me that didn’t seem right, so I said something to her that was probably a little tequila induced, and then she sternly looked at me and said, “Get out!” Well, she didn’t have to tell me twice. I knew the drill.

With thoughts of Little Stevie’s pizza on my mind I told Slick Talk, “We’re out” and we drunkenly bounced down the steps and out the door. However, I noticed that he was a little hesitant when we left…so I asked him if he was cool. He kinda let me know that at the time we left his slick talk had not reached it’s full potency and he wished he had more time to “seal the deal” with Little Sister. So, as not to risk being labeled a c*ckblocker I said if he wants to go back up I’ll go get some slices and wait for him outside. He immediately turned and hit the door buzzer a few times. I stayed to make sure he got in and after a short while, music blared over the intercom, and a female voice asked, “Who is it?” Now I don’t know that what happened next was because Slick Talk was really intoxicated, or he felt like he needed an excuse to go back to the party, or he just didn’t want Little Sister to know that he was chasing her, but he opened his mouth and said, “It’s me __________. Chris wants to come back up….he wants to apologize to Donica.”

I just stood there with this expression on my face that said, “No I don’t.”

And the door never opened.

I learned two things that night.

One, tequila and I don’t mix well because to this day I still don’t know what she said to me that got me all bent out of shape...if she said anything at all.

Two, although he’s my boy…Slick Talk is an @ss.

But even still, I can't wait to show him the web site. I know we'll have a good laugh over these old school memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home