Saturday, October 16, 2004

It seems...

…every time I solve a problem or overcome a challenge, another one presents itself.

At times I feel like an automotive plant assembly robot that is responsible for attaching front bumpers for twelve hours a day. As soon as my feet touch the cold bedroom floor the switch is flipped, the lights crack and hum, and the cycle begins. Stopping for a break is not an option because a poor performance will only affect the rest of the production line. So, a five minute rest turns into watching a little TV at the end of the day to trying to catch up with things on the weekend to "I can't believe the year is almost over". Right now, my oil is leaking, my gears are grinding, there's smoke everywhere, and on top of that the monthly quota has just been dramatically increased. I continue to squeak through each day while holding on to the belief that if I keep the line moving steadily until the whistle blows that one day I’ll finally be able to wake up from a good night's sleep and start breathing freely rather than automatically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home