Wednesday, August 11, 2004

In a nutshell...

1. My summer didn’t officially start until my man slipped the new Roots into my car. These dudes continue to amaze me and refresh my love for the music.

2. What amazes me even more is how much I relate to a White-albino, overweight, half-blind, 26 year old kid from Minnesota. In fact, if I made music I’d strive for his greatness.

3. Kayne West aside, if Hip Hop keeps flirting with Gospel I just might have to ask their first daughter to marry me.

4. My neighbor Snitchie just bought himself a new picnic table…which isn’t that unusual because it’s summertime. But what I did find strange is I always see him sitting there by himself, just staring out into space. And he does this for hours. I mean I’ve taken time to decompress and take in a little nature, but I don’t consider staring at the back of a garage nature. There is just something very wrong with this picture.

5. AVP! They are finally bringing the comic book series to life. The little boy in me is jumping up and down and about to pee his pants. While the adult in me is preparing to round the fellas up, get tickets, and sneak in the theatre with Chinese Food with several intoxicating beverages. They should do everyone else a favor and give us a private screening because the Aliens are finally going to fight the Predators! It’s just in my nature to get a little wild. But here’s my prediction for the end….Humans will win.

6. One thing about me that I always felt made me special is I don’t use an alarm clock. I don’t have to. If I say I need to get up at 6am…I automatically wake up 6am. Sometimes I even wake up in the middle of a dream to look at the clock and say, “Yup, right on time.” It gets deeper. Several times I’ve got up in the middle of the night and said to myself, “It’s 3:24am” and I looked at the clock to see 3:24.

7. I have yet to find a way to make a significant amount of money from this “gift”.

8. I recently went to my man’s annual cookout. It’s an all day event of good food, drinks, and people. But what really makes me look forward to it is after dark he hooks the X-Box up to a LCD projector and projects the game on the side of his house. Man, when whuppin’ someone’s @ss on an outdoor 20 foot screen you really start to feel like you should be featured on a Black middle-class episode of Mtv Cribs.

9. Yesterday, a very robust woman, who looked like she could go into labor at any minute waddled onto the already crowded train. When I offered her my seat she surprisingly looked at me in disgust and said, “No!”. Upon further observation I realized she may have not been pregnant. My b…

10. I really like making lists. If I ever have a nervous breakdown and get committed to an insane asylum I think this is how I’d spend my time. I’d just sit in the recreation room, wearing my gown and slippers, and make lists with my circle of paper and safety crayon. Don't worry though...if they give me internet access I’ll still post them for your enjoyment/general disgust. Maybe I'll be able to sweet talk the nurse and arrange something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home